Sunday, January 5, 2014

Inception










































































 in•cep•tion
  /in'sepSHәn/
the starting point of an activity or institution


As Colby + I sat down to discuss 2013, I asked him what he had thought our "main theme" of the year was. We both racked our brains + started bringing up all the things that happened to us. They all had one thing in common. They were the beginning of something. So here are a few big things that happened to the Danklef family in the year 2013.

1. We bought a house: It wasn't a goal for us at the beginning of the year, in fact we weren't even seriously looking at houses. I had a Realtor keeping his eyes open for us, just in case. He came across our home + the night we looked at it, we had put an offer on it. We weren't even sure if it was a good move, but it was an inception of a great journey/learning experience, + we have loved our decision ever since. 

2. Hawaii: My parents put that amazing vacation together for our family. Colby + Cadence (obviously) had never been. But it was an inception for many more Holm family reunions. In fact at Sunday dinner tonight my mom brought up what our reunion would be like for this year!

3. Cadence: Our first full year as a family of 3! Colby + I don't even know what our life would be like with out her. She has grown so much this year with a numerous amount of firsts in 2013 + continuously makes our frowns turn upside down. Our inception of a family life!

4. I am only working at the salon: With Cadence now in our lives I had to cut back on my work schedule. Before this year I was working full time as a deli manager, + full time as a stylist. This year I am a full time mom + a part time stylist. This will be the first tax year with only my stylist job. The inception of a stylist/mom life.

Sitting together + reminiscing on our year of 2013 together makes us both excited for 2014 + what it will bring to our little family! 



No comments:

Post a Comment