Wednesday, April 17, 2013

the free, not so free time

I washed my hair two days ago, its a frizzy curly mess + I think I can wait another day or two. My laundry basket (which is in the corner of our room, so we call it the laundry corner) is piling up, but not with normal day attire, with black leggings, tank tops, + sports bras. Ok so maybe this is a "normal day attire" for me right now. I have fake eyelashes so that I don't have to put mascara on (if you don't have them, get them, I know a great lady, and they pretty much rock). So as you can tell my getting ready skills have maybe gone down hill a bit in the past couple of weeks. But what can I say, I don't have much time.
These last couple of weeks I have been keeping myself busy, + I love it! You see before Cadence was born I worked two jobs. I managed my dad's Delicatessen in Park City in the morning, then would race to the salon to work my evenings. So i was busy. ALWAYS busy. Which is how i like it. Not to say that having Cadence didn't keep me busy, because it did. Just a different kind of busy. I wasn't running around going from place to place. I was cooped up at home most days, which i enjoyed, but lets be honest, It gets old. So I have taken what free time I have + made some other things a priority to feel that time
Miss Cadence Jade: Yes, she has always been my main priority while I'm at home, but now we have just CJ time. No phones, no TV, no cameras (because we all know I take way too many photos anyways). Just baby CJ and mom. This usually consists of her on my legs looking up at me and talking my ear off, or lately, she has been sitting up by herself looking up at me + talking to me. I try to do this for 15 minutes here and there through out the day. I love her, she's just a gem!


The gym: It is now a must, everyday, usually twice a day. (once its warm + I stop waking up to bloody snow I will return to running outside, you just can't beat it). They have a day care at the gym and they LOVE CJ, so I let them love her, while I go do my thing. I'm not really a germ-a-phoebe, in fact It's probably the last thing on my mind. 
Cooking: Wait a minute, I HATE cooking! Not so much anymore. You see I have turned it into a competition for myself, usually betting myself weather I can make the recipe or not. This makes it a lot more fun, and lets just say we are now saving a little bit of money. Colby even told me the other day that he has enjoyed all my meals except one (that's pretty darn good). He wasn't crazy about my homemade fresh spring rolls (of course the most time consuming, expensive, + healthy). So i consider myself not a horrible cook anymore! Now baking?! Well that's another story...

      BBQ Chicken Pizza recipe (and many others I've cooked) taken from here
The Gospel: Colby + I are now both primary teachers of the 8 year olds. However we're not teaching the same class (because that wouldn't make sense), he has Valiant 8A + I have Valiant 8B. So on top of my activity days calling (which I haven't been doing extremely well at) I teach on Sundays too. So during the week I will try to at least read the lesson so that at least when Sunday comes I have a general idea of what needs to be taught. As for Colby, well he has NO free time during the week, so I make him fend for him self + prepare it all on Sunday (he even has the harder class, I'm not gonna lie, they're bad kids).
My main squeeze: Oh Colby, how I love you! I always think about him, not just on my free time. He is my world, + my everything. We are coming up on 3 years on the 22nd of April. It sure feels like I have known him my whole life! He is amazing! I think I do all of these other things because of him. I just want to always impress him. I want him to always feel my love for him. I am all giddy because this is his last week of school. That means I get him all to myself EVERY night of the week! 
I am still at the salon 5 days, and I still love it! But now I have a busy schedule from 7 am to 8 pm (Cadence's bed time) + from 8 pm on I consider it "me and Colby time" , and... I love it!


Much Love<3


No comments:

Post a Comment