Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Danklef Valentine's

 So a week ago today as Colby and I were discussing our up coming week, Colby asked me "Heather, do you even know what this week is?" With a little hesitation I responded "um, Valentines?" Colby was asking me because in the last 3 Valentines Days I have done nothing for him. I am a horrible wife! So after that question I knew I had to make this a good Valentines for him. You see, Colby has always rocked it at giving me presents, + I tend to slack (literally he got a gift card once for Christmas). So I racked my brain, searched pinterest, + got a little crafty! I put together a day full of surprises for him. He opened a love note, treat, or present every two hours during his day (He had to work ALL day, + even had school until 10pm). At first when this idea came to me (it came to me from a client, because I couldn't possibly think of something this good by myself) I thought it was going to be a lot of work (which it was) + dreaded it! But as I started doing it I had so much fun being reminded of my love, + all the funny corky reasons why I love him!





I did a good job right?! 
Well no worries, my husband still out did me! The sexy man got me beautiful roses, chocolates, + a teddy bear (because whats Valentines day with out those?) He got my wedding ring polished + cleaned. He then proceeded to get us tickets to go see the Mummy Exhibit down at the Leonardo in SLC (I mentioned this once to him a while ago, + he remembered of course)! 
This year I have grown to love this holiday. I have never thought it to be a really important day, now i see the importance of it. Not just for the chocolates, flowers, + gifts, but as a reminder of the important people in our lives. I love my husband, + we had a great Valentines!



Much Love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment