Thursday, September 4, 2014

behind the scenes

As I was listening to my client describe her daughter's up coming wedding to me earlier today, I couldn't help but feel a little jealous. It was a fairy tale setting for a fairy tale beginning! They had e v e r y t h i n g you could imagine, + m o r e! Then my client started describing how stressed she was, even though she knew it would be worth it in the end. She said something that caught me off guard a little bit, she said
"I blame it all on Pinterest, + that darn social media!!! It makes that generation think they need to be perfect, have everything perfect, + capture every perfect moment so they can share it. Well what about all of these imperfect, before the wedding moments? You rarely, if ever, see the spilled milk from this morning, or the box colored hair gone wrong (her daughter, the one getting married, came to me with this problem only a couple weeks ago). Those are the real life moments that are fun to hear about."
The truth is just that, we don't see the behind the scenes of everybody's life. We are all on different paths and are all faced with different challenges. When my friends or family post things that I might be a little jealous of, I'm going to be happy for them, + try my hardest to let those feelings of jealousy be left behind. We can't compare our selves to what everyone else has or portrays to have. I'm thankful for my client's sweet reminder today.
Here are a few behind the scene moments from the Danklef household. :)

  


No comments:

Post a Comment