Saturday, April 19, 2014

Our "cheesy" love story








As Colby + I approach our up coming anniversary (four years....YAY!!!!) I can't help but sit + think about how far we have come or how much we have changed. I still remember the day I realized that Colby could be "the one".


"It was after hair school on a day in April. If I didn't have to work at the local Macy's grocery store after school, I always headed straight for my BOYFRIENDS house in Orem. We had just had the "DTR" talk + always had fun together. It usually involved me cuddling up to him + falling asleep while watching a movie (I would do school 8-4 + then usually worked 4-12, so naturally I was always so tired). But on this day he told me he wanted to take me somewhere + show me something. Excitedly, I hopped in his car, turned on my seat warmer, + we listened to "Iron + Wine" as we drove to our destination. We drove up through some neighborhoods in Orem + when we got there I was confused at what I was suppose to be looking at. He then pointed out the name of the street we were on, "Heather St" + the tree that covered the street sign, which was full of the most amazing pink blossoms I have ever seen! After a couple little smooches we decided to head back home. On our way home we some how got talking about our favorite foods. I told Colby how much I LOVED string cheese, + he told me back it was one of his favorites as well. Then we both, almost at the same time, said, "but it has to be the Western Family brand!" We were both shocked! + giggled! Later on down the road we both found out that at that moment we both realized we were in it for the long haul!"

We still to this day always have Western Family string cheese in our fridge. Like literally, I buy it in bulk from my dads store, + it sits in a huge card board box in our fridge. To be honest I would be at absolute ROCK BOTTOM with out him. It may not have seemed like a big deal to him, but the fact that he would go out of his way to show me such a simple beautiful thing that reminded him of me, showed me how much he cares. He cares for the simple things, + he cares for the unsimple things. When Colby loves something, it's never a simple kind of love, it is always with ALL of his ENORMOUS heart. Thank you so much for the rockiest, happiest, saddest, best four years of my life so far.

I Love you Colby! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY + here's to eternity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment