Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Sweet Reminder

This past weekend Colby, Cadence + I had the opportunity to head south to St. George. It was perfect weather! Eighty plus degrees with a heap of sunshine! Colby golfed most of the time, while Cadence + I spent our time soaking up the much needed vitamin D (with lots of SPF 50 of course)! Softball games, stroller rides, picnicking, + swimming. We also got family pictures taken by the ever-so-talented Jami Leavitt (which we will be showing off soon)!  






Sunday was our last day, + I didn't think our trip could get any better. We walked to church in our flip flops + short sleeves. Cadence + I were standing in the foyer waiting for the hour to turn so we could start our meeting. While we were standing there, not knowing anybody, an elderly man walked up to us, he asked me if this was my first child. I answered yes, + with out any seconds in between he immediately responded.


"Ever since you were a little girl, you have always wanted to be a mother. Even if you told yourself you didn't, the instinct inside of you was to be a mother. She's too small now, but give it a year and your little girl will also have that instinct. You were meant to be a mother, that is why you are here."

With watering eyes, + a melted heart, I smiled at him. I thanked him for his words + agreed with him, then said goodbye. I didn't know him + he didn't know me. But he was right, I have always wanted to be a mother, + now I am. I wouldn't change it for anything. I love motherhood, + am so blessed to be one. Needless to say our trip did get better. That man touched my heart, + reminded me of why I truly am here!


“Motherhood is the greatest potential influence either for good or ill in human life. The mother's image is the first that stamps itself on the unwritten page of the young child's mind. It is her caress that first awakens a sense of security; her kiss, the first realization of affection; her sympathy and tenderness, the first assurance that there is love in the world.” David  O. Mckay


Much Love <3



No comments:

Post a Comment