Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Broken Schedule

For those mothers out there who love their sleep as much as I do, you know how important it is that our munchkins are on good schedules through out the day. I must say that Cadence's schedule isn't strict, but its a start. We have our morning naps, our afternoon naps, + our bedtime. We had it to the point we could wrap her up tight, turn on her chirping crickets + leave her to talk herself to sleep. Well needless to say, our weekend vacation has ruined our months of hard work. How can ninety-six hours completely destroy four months of hard work?! I feel as though we are back to square one. Cadence will take random naps during the day, she isn't tired until eleven at night, she doesn't sleep for longer than three hours at a time, + even when she is tired we have to rock her until our foot prints are implanted into the carpet (luckily Colby has the patients of a saint + really good rocking skills)! I am working hard to get her back on schedule, but to be honest it is taking every thing in me to not pull my hair out! We have tried everything from taking bubble baths right before bed time, to reading every book we own. It is a little depressing as a mom to see your hard work start over, but we aren't giving up yet + will fight until her broken schedule is no longer broken (crossing my fingers it won't be too much longer, I don't know how much more of this no sleeping I can take).      
































Much Love <3

2 comments:

  1. With both of my kids right at 4 months they went through this....I don't know what it is, but it will get better again I promise:) It is totally frustrating though, especially when you've worked so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have let my kids "cry it out" here and there. Hansen was a much better night sleeper than Kolton, but after only 2 night of letting them cry it out they learn they don't need to eat when they wake up. Kolton is 6 months and still wakes up randomly and wants to eat.

    ReplyDelete